Friday, December 23, 2011

Front Squats and Pull ups

Sleep:   10:30p-6a Sucked- slept with Stele from about 3am on.  The window in her room rattled every time the wind blew and she must have kicked me three thousand times.  So, I woke up constantly.  I finally gave up around 6am and headed to the gym!


Food:  6:30am coffee with a tiny bit of cream, lunch around noon of mixed greens, EVOO and balsamic vinegar, bread free Turkey meatloaf (4oz), steamed broccoli and mixed roasted veggies, cashews,  zone bar snack and an extremely dry cappuccino around 4p, dinner of mixed greens and various raw veggies, EVOO and balsamic vinegar, steamed broccoli, walnuts, sauteed cabbage and green beans, turkey breast (~4oz) @6:30p, snack of popcorn around 9p


Turns out the Big Dawgs blog follows an on Tues-Thurs, Rest Fri, on Sat and Sun, rest Mon schedule... not ideal for me.  So, I did yesterday's to get a taste and am still trying to decide if I should follow a week behind and rest Thurs and Sun as I always do- or change my schedule. Having to continuously work out alone on Sunday really sounds like a drag,  so I think I'll follow a week behind.  This way I will always know what is in store!


On another note, I coached my first solo classes this week- super fun and becoming more and more at ease!


So today's training was this (although I am going to redo in the coming week in that I didn't increase the weight through the FS sets) :



A1. Front Squat @ 30X0; 3 tough reps; rest 20 sec
120 x 3 x 5 (this is ~85% of my 1RM)
A2. AMRAP Unbroken COVP Chin Ups; rest 3 min x 5
11, 13, 12, 13, 13 (total of 62)

Not terribly exciting- felt good- easy, as in not out of breath.  Grip was fine, no tearing but surprised I didn't get more per round.  Interesting that I increased through the rounds.


Tomorrow is a redo of Sectionals 11.5- should be fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment