Saturday, January 8, 2011

Team 5k Row...

Strength/Skill Work Front squat: 5×5 @ 3013 For some of you this will mean a new 5RM. For most of you this will be a time to work on technique and speed coming out of the squat. Work up in weight as you feel. Drop back down if you are unable to maintain tempo. Rest ~2 minutes in between sets.

This was a difficult movement for me in that apparently I get my momentum from the descent. Descending slowly really slowed my ascent. Anyway, my sets looked like this (I did one extra for fun):

35x5, 55x5, 75x5, 85x5, 75x5, 75x5

I worked with Miriam and she was awesome- we have so much fun.

WOD

In teams of 3 or 4 complete a 5,000m Row

One rower per team

While one person on your team is rowing take turns completing as many burpees OR double unders as possible with only ONE person per team may be doing burpees/jump rope at a time.

Each burpee =one second off your overall 5k time.

Every three double unders=one second off 5k

Every six single unders=one second off 5k

This was a fun WOD- our overall time was 22:59 and minus burpees/DU/SU was 16:30. Our team was Miriam, Franklin, Chris (from VA) and me. I ended up rowing 1500 m and did only DU's in sets of 20 or so... not too shabby considering I have been struggling with double unders. Miriam was a champ with the burpees and Chris and Franklin rocked it out on the rower.

No comments:

Post a Comment