Sunday, January 22, 2012

2 Rest days and then got sick- WTF??

James programmed two rest days that I took reluctantly- but I took them- and then woke up in the middle of the night Friday with my right eye swollen shut and Stele's eyes crusted over...


So, needless to say I had to take another rest day.  I'm not sure the last time I took three consecutive days off- probably was good for me!


In that time, I did however complete my new dressing room at home... for your viewing pleasure:









Thank god I didn't do yesterday's workout- it looked like torture.  Here it is in case I decide to do it some day in the future (don't hold your breath):



5 rounds for time:
Row 1K
15 COVP chin ups
15 thrusters (75/55#)
15 push up burpees

Today's looked rough when I read it, but wasn't really so bad.  It looked like this:


Airdyne:

30 sec @ 90%

30 sec @ 50% x 20
+
5 sets:
20 ghd sit ups
20 ghd ext's
rest 90 sec

so basically this is 20 minutes on the airdyne (half at 90%) and 100 GHD sit ups and 100 back extensions... yikes.  I can't lie, after three days off this wasn't what I wanted to do in a dark, cold gym by myself... but I digress.  

It was surprisingly good and the airdyne wasn't nearly as horrible as I thought.  I ended up at about 220cal. on the AD in total  (I had to get off twice to adjust the seat which interrupted two 50% sessions).  I did the GHD sit ups in sets of 10 and the back extensions unbroken.  All in all pretty good workout.






No comments:

Post a Comment