Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Two rest days and a recovery run

Wow- I needed two days off- I felt like a truck hit me!  Stele is battling a cold this week and I think I may be also.  Needless to say- listening to your body is vital to good training and good recovery.


Sleep:  10p-4:45 not enough but felt much better today than yesterday, regardless of sleep
Food:  5am coffee with cream while coaching, breakfast snack of 1 egg, some nuts, and an apple around 8:30a, lunch at 10:45 of breakfast salad with eggs, nuts, veggies, EVOO and balsamic, snack of balance bar and dry cappuccino around 4p, dinner of salmon and grilled veggies with large salad at 6:30p


Training- Recovery run 30 min @ Z1 easy pace


After 2 days off (with the exception of moving furniture in my house and chasing my toddler around) this was awesome!  I ran in my neighborhood which includes a beautiful lake and a very small trail- but with temperatures in the high 50s it was a great day to run!  What is really amazing is that two years ago I would have considered this a significant workout.  Today it definitely felt so easy and relaxing.  My right hamstring is really tight from lazy power cleans- really have to work on not compromising form when I'm tired.  


Here is a crane I encountered on my run.  



No comments:

Post a Comment