Sunday, January 29, 2012

What a difference a year makes!

So last week I really got hit hard with the sickies- I think it was a combination of increased training leading into sectionals and the realities of living with a three year old.  Anyway, I had a really hard time dealing with my limitations due to my sickness and indulged in quite a pity party at the end of the week.  So, I drug out some old videos to help with perspective.  I remember a long time ago I was in class and Shanna was coaching.  I was trying to get a 100lb power clean and was having little luck- I think I only made it to about 88lbs. and Shanna reminded me that "everyday can't be a PR day". 


As my training increases I have fewer and fewer PR days, as such I am still working on learning to deal with that.  Here is a video from last January of a 95# clean, juxtaposed with a video of 5 TnG 100# cleans... wow what a difference a year makes!






Amber 95#  clean- Jan 11, 2011



Amber 100# TnG pwr cleans- January 25, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment