Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Box jumps, pull ups, and that damn AirDyne!

Sleep:  11:30p-7a uninterrupted!  Was up later than usual, but had a great nap yesterday and felt great all day.  Actually, I didn't get sleepy all day- that's a first!


Food:  7a Coffee with cream, balance bar at noon (wasn't terribly hungry- hmmm), 2p entire bag of curry kale chips and ~5oz rare cajun ribeye (YUMMMM!) and several handfuls of mixed nuts, decaf coffee around 4p, 5:30p dinner of meatloaf, vinegar cabbage/slaw, strawberries, cold kale, raisin, and pinenut salad (super yum), 7p soft boiled egg, more mixed nuts and two dates


First day I have felt 100%- no lingering snot, dull headache, itchy eyes, NOTHING!  Thank you Universe!  


Training at 11:30am alone- damn I need a training partner!



3 sets:

20 unbroken Box Jumps
20 unbroken COVP chin ups
rest walk 3 min b/t sets - work on technique and form for each - choose height you want
20" box- all box jumps unbroken- felt good and perfected form.  I have a tendency to not fully open my hips at the top (video) so worked on doing that near the end.
kipping pull ups/ pronated grip- could only get 14/9/14 unbroken pull ups- not really sure what happened during the second round.  I read this to say "do whatever you can do unbroken" when really it should have read "shoot for 20UB but do 20 regardless"- so I think the middle round was mental!






I need to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. There really isn't any reason why I couldn't get more unbroken pull ups except I worried about ripping and became winded really quickly.

+
3 sets:
Airdyne - 20 sec max effort
Rest 1:40
Holy that is the longest 20s... calories 10/11/10- really hard with the short rest- legs felt like bricks!
+
Take 5 min to build to a max Standing Press from empty bar


Press 80# (5 lb PR!)- I was surprised how well I did in such a short amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment