Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Fran

Sleep:  Stayed up a big later than usual- 11p-7a, went to sleep with Stele around 1p
Food:  Mama Shanna and Papa Corey reminded me that if I was going to pull double training days like on Saturday that I am going to have to eat between them.  This is hard for me because I hate to have anything on my stomach before I train.  Anyway, today I took food to the gym and ate right after my training session.  7am coffee with cream, 12:30p Swiss chard and mixed green salad with lemon balsamic dressing, strawberries, mixed nuts and rib eye from last night.   2p homemade tuna salad with popcorn and mixed nuts, 5p (pictured) roasted green beans, cauliflower, salad with chard and mixed greens, nuts and Tessamae's balsamic, and homemade meatloaf, arctic zero ice cream




Training at 12p



10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 rep rounds for time:
Thruster - 135#/95#
CTB Chin Ups

Just for clarification, Fran is a total of 45 chin ups (not C2B) and 65# Thrusters- so this is a total of 55- wow!


Being


12:57


I really need to work on my prejudgement of a WOD- I was nervous going in given that 95# is only slightly less than my PR.  That being said, I then talked with Corey and we both agreed that given my recent MU PR on Sat. I should scale this.  I also was nervous about kipping C2B in that I have ripped my hands in the past.  So- I finished in 12:57 but really was not mentally in the game.  I did a lot of dreading that was unnecessary and a lot of standing around.  Check out the video below- at one point I stop to fix my hair!  WTF!!!  My thrusters actually got better as the sets wore on and I used a mixed grip and had beautiful kipping C2B chin ups.  So, what I am learning is that my mental game really needs to be ramped up.  None of the WOD's are going to be comfortable- but I'll get through them like I always do and will be stronger because of it!  I wish I hadn't scaled and had expected more out of myself.


I started this WOD with reduced rep strict c2b chins (due to fear of ripping) but switched it up on the fourth round and started kipping- so my first rounds were:


  7, 6, 5, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 = 46 total (18 strict and 28 kipping)
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1=  55 total


Please forgive the rant- but this was really a mental breakthrough. 




No comments:

Post a Comment