Sunday, February 5, 2012

MY FIRST MUSCLE UP!

Sleep:  10p-6a- uninterrupted!
Food:  6am coffee with cream, training at 7a, coached the 9a class, OPT training at 10am with Becca, balance bar at 12p, 2p lunch of salad with mixed veggies, kale and chard, mixed roasted veggies, kale chips, roast beef, mixed nuts and the most delicious dressing of lemon, balsamic vinegar, EVOO and pepper.  I just bought it at Greenlife and it was sooooo good!  Balance bar at 6p, 8p dinner of mixed spinach salad with salmon and walnuts, collard greeens and tomato and cucumber salad- I also had a margarita to celebrate Kate Carson!!!

7am training-

The team workout was :

12 minutes to build to a heavy clean and jerk

115- not a PR but felt easier than usual.  Definitely a barrier I need to break through and move on to 120.  115 is bodyweight, so that feels good!

Then:

5 Rounds for Time:

5  95# C & J
5 Muscle ups

Honestly this WOD is a blur because I got my first muscle up in round 1!!!!!!!!!!  Then, 30 seconds later Kate Carson got her first muscle up!  This was the "last" crossfit hurdle for me!  Anyway, I think I got 4 rounds +2 C&J.  In that I complete the first muscle up in rounds 1, 2, and 3!  I then went on to attempt before moving on.  

10 am OPT training-


5 sets @ 100%:
3 tough hang power snatch - build per set
Airdyne sprint 20 sec @ 97%

65#/ 9 cal

70#/ 10 cal
75#/ 11cal
80# x 2/ 10 cal
75#/ 10 cal


rest 4 min
+
Airdyne Max Cals in 5 min
73cals

Shoulders were smoked from team WOD so my snatch was less than great.  I am really swinging the bar out in the snatch- need to correct that ASAP!


No comments:

Post a Comment