Sunday, March 4, 2012

I made it to Sunday- GHD's, WB and DU

Sleep:  10p-7am
Food:  Coffee w/ cream at 7am, lunch of mixed green green salad with olives, onions, tomatoes, and cucumbers, 3 fried eggs, and a bowl of mixed fruit with oil and vinegar, zone bar at 2p, bowl of popcorn with nutritional yeast, coconut oil, and small amount of turkey ~4p, dinner of HUGE mixed green salad with mixed fruit, pecans, oil and vinegar, and chicken thighs, arctic zone ice cream and mixed nuts before bed.


Training at 10:30 am


Skill work


So, yesterday there was more to my workout than 12.2 but I (and Becca) realized this much too late- so we added some of it to today's in the form of skill work.  


This is what was programmed AFTER the 12.2- WTF!!!



for time:
15 hang squat clean thruster - 1.5/1 pd KB per hand
10 L Pull Ups
12 hang squat clean thruster - 1.5/1 pd KB per hand
10 L Pull Ups
9 hang squat clean thruster - 1.5/1 pd KB per hand
10 L Pull Ups
6 hang squat clean thruster - 1.5/1 pd KB per hand
10 L Pull Ups
3 hang squat clean thruster - 1.5/1 pd KB per hand
10 L Pull Ups



L pull ups- these I have never attempted but didn't find them that much more challenging that regular pull ups, that was inspiring.  I did sets of 4- not too bad at all, most dead hang but worked on mixed grip kipping as well.


1pd KB squat clean thrusters were hard- the hard part was the clean (I was expecting the actual thruster to suck more).  Shanna gave a great cue of "thumbs to collarbones" that made them MUCH easier.  Anyway, we started by warming up with 18#, then 30#, then 35#- did sets of 5- back and fourth with the L pull ups.  Fun for the whole family.  


Then to today's training:



AMRAP in 20 min:
10 ghd sit ups
20 wall balls - 20/14#
30 double unders


This is my kind of WOD- I love longer AMRAP's because I am a pacer- and I usually find my good pace around minute 10.


8 Rounds + 10 GHD + 10 WB
Finally able to continuously link 10 WB- that was huge for me. WB, sets of 10, GHD UB- DU mostly UB. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment