Wednesday, May 30, 2012

End of 6 week cycle


A. Testing- DL 1RM
Still holding at 205# (will test 2RM next week)
C1. Ring push ups 6, 4, 2, 6, 4, 2
2 ½#, 5, 10, 5, 15, 25
C2. NGHP- 6, 4, 2, 6, 4, 2
45#, 55, 65, 55, 65, 70
+
100 m 75# SB carry x 3
rest walk back 100 m



Came into this week's testing not thrilled... so really wasn't prepared mentally to test a 1RM- so my 1RM remained the same. This is not, however, a true test of my progress in that my multi rep maxes have increased, but more importantly, my exposure to the heavy dl is now no longer a long recovery situation I feel much better prepared in terms of strength endurance.


Also tested my caliper measurements today and have gained a bit of body fat during this cycle.. that is a positive thing, but the distribution is very interesting. My total midsection score increased by 5 points- the suprailliac score went from 6 to 8. This is associated with carbohydrate intake. And the subscap score went from 7 to 9.5. This is correlated with insulin sensitivity. So, my carbohydrate intake increased (in the form of increased consumption of protein shakes in the morning and increased fruit intake, not post wod) and I am more sensitive to it. I would also note that my training has become much more strength based in the past 6 weeks- so my carbohydrate intake needed to decrease and my protein intake increase. I increased the protein, but didn't decrease the carbs or at the very least, alter the type. I have now made the appropriate changes to my diet and will be interested to see the results.





No comments:

Post a Comment