Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Monday- Rest Day and Day 4 of Whole 30

Since I'm doing the Whole 30, I guess I should post my food for my rest day...

Sleep:  9p-7a no arm pain with brace
Food:  7a black coffee, breakfast at 8am large mixed green salad with eggs, balsamic vinegar and avocado, cantaloupe, watermelon and strawberries, lunch at 1p of grilled steak with salad and cashews, dinner at 6p was gf "burger" on leaf lettuce with stone ground mustard, avocado, and tomatoes, mixed veggie salad with blackberries and homemade balsamic dressing, snack at 8p was hard boiled egg, cashews, and 1/2 sweet potato.

My sleep has improved dramatically since beginning this diet- instead of staying up late doing nothing and eating popcorn and fake ice cream, I have been full well into the evening and have been going to bed earlier.  This definitely feels better.  I was anticipating the coffee transition to be the hardest, but it hasn't been hard at all.  What I have noticed is that I am now eating more actual "calories" at meals (mostly in the form of good fats) and no longer need empty calories (balance bar, popcorn) between meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment