Monday, December 3, 2012

More testing and "Karen"


Food:  8a coffee with coconut milk, pre training refuel, post training Progenex Recovery, lunch ~1p of leftover gf steak, sweet potato fries, salad with peas and green beans, and a handful of Stele's trail mix (that included m&m's), afternoon snack ~4p of HB egg and an apple, dinner at Luellas was a sweet potato, wings, and a salad, AZIC and the rest of my (paleo) birthday cake before bed.

A. Build to 1/3 bodyweight in each hand and perform 1 amrap set @30x0 tempo rear foot elevated split squat

40# DB/ hand- 6 reps both sides

B. Take 10% of CGBP (10# DB) from 11/30 and perform 1 amrap set @30x0 tempo on each arm of:
    -Elbow on knee external rotation- 19 reps both sides
    -Powell Raise- 12 reps both sides
+

"Karen" 150 WB for time.
7:40


17s off my PR from the open last year- that was disappointing, but honestly I had a really hard time getting excited for this. My limiter was breathing which surprised me. I did 15 sets of 10 reps with little rest between sets- if I had it to do over again (please God no!) I would AMRAP in the beginning instead of pacing so much. I also noticed from the video I had really good depth and I know it was questionable the first go round, so that may contribute to the poorer performance. Onward.

Previous Karen time = 7:23

No comments:

Post a Comment